Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The First Book I Ever Read



Do you remember the first book you ever read?  The one that sticks out most in my mind was called "Mac and Muff."   This book was for beginner readers and I read it over and over.  Here is a link with some of the first pages.

I remember using this book (as a Kindergartner) to teach one of my fellow Kindergartner's how to read.  I would sit at my piano and help her read the words.  Every time she read the word right I drew a star above the word.

Unfortunately, my parents have lost this 1940's vintage book (or maybe as a careless teen I did), and I no longer have my copy.  Hopefully I will come across it someday in a used book shop or find it online somewhere.

Do you remember the first book you ever read??

No comments:

Post a Comment