Friday, January 25, 2013

On Adjusting Goals

You may remember the post I wrote recently about my 2013 Writing Goals [see here], well I'm here to talk a little about those goals.

First off, have I told you I'm pregnant?  Oh wait, of course I have - it's just pregnancy brain sneaking up on me.  Someone should write a book about that.  Anyway, we found out it's a GIRL and I'm so excited.  Not that I don't love my boys, because I do - tremendously.  They are out of this world awesome and such a challenge, and sometimes I just stare at their ridiculously long eyelashes and wonder how they ended up with them.  This paragraph has NOTHING to do with my writing goals for this year, but I thought I'd pass along the news and let you know how much pregnancy consumes the brain.

Back to goals -

Remember when I said that I wanted to write 20,000 words a month?  Well, here we are at the end of January and I've realized that with my goofy boys, a husband, soccer games, dinner to cook, laundry to do, etc., that 20k is just too lofty of a goal right now.  I think 10k is more realistic for me and more attainable in the long run.  I do try to write every day, except weekends, but sometimes I do manage to sneak in a few hundred words there too.

How about 4 blog posts - totally do-able and attained for this month.

Okay, now that that is settled, sometimes you make these fantastical goals and when it comes right down to them they are just not feasible or realistic for your life at the moment.  And that's okay.  Don't give up, take a look at them again and adjust them as necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment