Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My Writing: On Inspiration

An idea popped in my head the other day and I was able to write it down.  I love it when they come to me unexpectedly, though sometimes it interferes with a project I'm already working on.  But -- when inspiration strikes, you've got to run with it.  At least with the main thought that occurs.

I've found when the inspirations hit, if I don't write them down then they flit away.  Faster than I would like to admit.  So my advice to anyone that has a desire to write, or if you already write, is to have a notepad and pen handy at all times just for those moments when an idea strikes.  You never know what it may turn in to.

Below is the inspiration that I was able to write down.  If you care to comment about what you think the ending to the last sentence should be, feel free.  I'm cool with input, and who knows, if this idea becomes a novel, maybe you'll get credit for those four little words!

UNTITLED

No comments:

Post a Comment