Friday, May 20, 2016

#LifeBooksWriting Author Challenge, week 3: Six Book Marketing Tips

Whew, this week the blogging challenge is to talk about 6 book marketing tips. I'm still pretty new at book marketing, but I'll gladly share what I've done thus far. #LifeBooksWriting

  1. Connect with readers. This one should be a no brainer, however the question is, how do you connect with readers when you're a brand new author? What's been working for me is Facebook parties. My very first one I did was for the actual release of my first book and I was SOOO nervous. Now I have several under my belt and I love doing them!
  2. My next tip would be to keep track of all those you give free eBooks to. Create a spreadsheet and make sure you at the very minimum have their name so you can contact them through Facebook and follow up with them about how they liked your book. Hopefully, they'll leave a review for you - but if you don't keep track, you'll be handing out books left and right and have no idea who has them. When someone agrees to leave a review and after 30-45 days have passed with no review, you know for your next book not to give them your book for free.
  3. On the subject of giving away a free eBook...only send to KINDLE email addresses. Sadly there are those out there who will take your book and disperse it around the internet if they receive it on their regular email address. Just...don't do it. Send directly to Kindle every time.
  4. Giveaways work! If you're looking for newsletter subscribers or Facebook likes, try a giveaway. It can be something as simple as a $5 Amazon gift card, but people will sign up. I would stay away from giving away your book for free during a giveaway though because ultimately you want people to BUY your book!
  5. Respond to friend requests and comments on your social media pages. No one likes to be ignored, so be sure to at the very least leave a thank you when someone comments on your page or blog post.
  6. Lastly, help out your fellow authors. We're a pretty tight-knit community and you'll go a long way when you connect with other authors and share their work. It pays to be nice and helpful. Trust me.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you get some ideas for marketing your books!



No comments:

Post a Comment