Monday, August 3, 2015

#PitchWars mentors announced today

Brenda Drake says:
What is Pitch Wars? Is it another contest? Oh, no, it’s so much better. Pitch Wars is a contest where published/agented authors, editors, or industry interns choose one writer each, read their entire manuscript, and offer suggestions to shine it up for agents. The mentors also critique the writer’s pitch to get it ready for the agent round. Writers send applications (query and first chapter of manuscript) to the four mentors that best fit their work. The mentors then read all their applications and choose the writer they want to mentor for the next two months. Then we hold an agent round with over a dozen agents making requests.

2015 Pitch Wars submission window will open August 17. We’ll announce the mentors’ picks on September 2, and the agent round is November 3-4.
There are 100 mentors to choose from in varying genres and age categories, and I found 21 ready to mentor NA novels.  Which made narrowing my choices to only 5 ridiculously tough. All of them are so amazing and talented and generous offering their time to help writers like me. Now let's just cross our fingers that one of the mentors I have picked chooses me!

And because #PitchWars is all about the GIFs, I have some to throw in the mix.

#PitchWars mentors are announced!

So many to choose from...


I can't decide!!!


I've made my choices...


Oh man, I hope they like me.  Like really like me.


I can't handle the stress!!!


I'm going to pull my hair out!


Okay - breathe...just breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment