Thursday, February 26, 2015

I am Twitter...pated?

I'm kind of loving Twitter...

...Which could be a problem...

I watched a webinar this afternoon with Barry Cunningham of Chicken House (publisher of JK Rowling's Harry Potter) and the author of Breaking Butterflies by M. Anjelais which was hosted by the great people of NaNoWriMo.  It was fun and informative!

But the best part of the webinar is that M. Anjelais offered to answer questions on Twitter after the webinar.  So naturally I followed her and then answered one of her tweets:

@anjelais "PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE. I would like to know what all writers out there are currently working on. Tell me about your current ventures!"

So here is the *Twitter Pitch* of my current work in progress:

@writerkristie "Relationship-scarred fangirl breaks all her own rules as she becomes the muse of her substance abusing rocker crush. NA Contemp"

And guess what?!?  M. Anjelais responded by favoriting my tweet as well as gave me a very nice response:

@anjelais "Would definitely read this! Breaking rules and substance abuse are themes that I like seeing explored in fiction."

Obviously I am stoked that my *pitch* was received well, but that she liked the sounds of my novel too!  Gives me the oomph to get the story of Jemma and Jordan on paper so that others can one day read it.

Thanks M. Anjelais for being kind - it means a lot to us little people :)  Now go and buy her book!

clicking on the photo will take you to Amazon where you can happily purchase a copy!
"The closest he will ever come to happiness is when he's hurting her. Will she let him? A beautiful and twisted story of first love and innocence lost -- written when the author was just eighteen.

Sphinxie and Cadence. Promised to each other in childhood. Drawn together again as teens. Sphinxie is sweet, compassionate, and plain. Cadence is brilliant, charismatic. Damaged. And diseased. When they were kids, he scarred her with a knife. Now, as his illness progresses, he becomes increasingly demanding. She wants to be loyal -- but fears for her life. Only the ultimate sacrifice will give this love an ending."

No comments:

Post a Comment