Thursday, January 21, 2016

Query Quarterly First Edition


You guys I'm so excited to have Query Quarterly ready for it's first edition! I have such great plans for this project that I hope you all really like it. So, to begin, here's what's going to go down:
  1. Have a query ready to enter into the workshop. Or if you don't have one, write one today for your novel and edit it today (like five times—seriously).
  2. Prepare the email you will send tomorrow (Friday) at 9am PST or PDT whatever we're calling it these days (all entries must be received AT 9am or after. Entries received prior to 9am will be disqualified). SEE FORMATTING HERE email: queryquarterly @ gmail . com (be sure to remove the spaces)
  3. If you are lucky to be one of the first 5 queries formatted correctly then you will receive an email shortly after the workshop closes offering congratulations! as well as instructions on how to proceed in the workshop.
  4. Once all five queries have been reviewed and comments/suggestions made, you will receive your query back for editing. As easy as it would be for me to go ahead and correct spelling errors, or just re-write your query for you, that's just not going to happen. You'll get the privilege of taking the suggestions and applying them how you like.
  5. There will be 2 additional editing rounds and at the end of the 3 rounds, you should have a awesome query!
Sound good? Great! Now, polish up those queries, prepare your email and get ready to have some fun!

*** D I S C L A I M E R *** 

I am not a literary agent or a publisher. And by entering this workshop I DO NOT guarantee you a publishing contract or a contract with an agent. The comments and suggestions made are my own opinion and based on my own experiences and the research I've done, will be as relevant to the publishing industry as one author can be. Please be sure to save each of your queries so you may have your originals to revert to if you ever need them. And finally, this is a FREE service offered and with that, the hope is you will jump into the workshop and use the advice given to whatever degree you like. Just remember, there is no guarantee this workshop will get your story published. The goal here is to have your query in tip top shape so you are ready to being submitting your writing to agents and publishers.

Oh! One last thing—If at any time you would like to drop out of the workshop, send a quick email letting me know...don't just leave me hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment