Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Devouring books whole

Do you go through spurts where you read like a fiend and then burn out? I do. A lot.

In the last 3 weeks or so, I think I have read 10 or more books. That's so many more than I have read in a while. I keep an Amazon wishlist updated with books I want to buy or read and lately, I've been booking (no pun intended) it to the library to grab the sequels to many series I have started. Sadly, I'm not sure if I could name them all - I wish the library kept a record of the books you reserve. Anyway, here are a few that I know I have read recently (Amazon links for your convenience):
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi

Toxic Heart: A Mystic City Novel by Theo Lawrence (this is book 2, read book 1 a year ago)

Deception: A Defiance Novel by CJ Redwine (this is also book 2, read book 1 a year ago)

Scarlet: Lunar Chronicles (book 2) by Marissa Meyer
Cress: Lunar Chronicles (book 3) by Marissa Meyer

Ignite Me (Shatter Me Trilogy, book 3) by Taherah Mafi

Shadow of the Mark by Leigh Fallon (book 2, read book 1 6 months ago)

Enclave by Ann Aguirre
Outpost by Ann Aguirre
Horde by Ann Aguirre

Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson

Obsidian (Lux book 1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
Well, that's considerably more than 10 books - and now I am a little burned out.  Except I really want to read the other Lux books, they are pulling them from the library shelves for me as I type and should be in my hands tomorrow.

I have in my possession books 2 and 3 of the Girl of Fire and Thorns series and I haven't opened them yet, I just wasn't that into the first book, so I'm having a hard time wanting to finish reading that series.

Also, it's killing me, but this fall books 3 in the Mystic City, Defiance and Mara Dyer series comes out and I can't wait to finish those!  What are your reading now?  What books are you waiting to be released??

No comments:

Post a Comment