Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My Writing: an Update

I'm so excited to tell you that I have just completed the first draft of The Phoenix: A Gathering!  It's complete at 82,000 words.  I'm sure after edits/revisions, etc. it will gain or lose a few of those words, but right now I'm just taking a break from The Phoenix and letting it sit for about a week.  I figure, after staring at the computer screen for the past 40 +/- days, it's best to let it stew a bit.

I have to say that when I was vacationing in June/July, that I never thought the idea that came to mind on the first of July would ever develop into an 82,000 word novel in 40 days.  The characters and story poured out of my fingers so easily, that I'm so inspired to keep writing that I have already started on a second novel, with brand new characters!

You can visit My Writing page to read the unedited Prologue of The Phoenix: A Gathering.  Keep in mind, what you read is the rough, first draft, completely unedited and raw.  I do hope you enjoy it, and if you do, feel free to leave a comment!  Also, the writing samples I leave on this blog belong to ME.  I've spent hours upon hours creating them, so please do not copy anything of mine without permission.  Thanks!

~Kristie
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside a dog it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx"

No comments:

Post a Comment